Friday 3 October 2014

Here’s Why Juliet Ibrahim Is Going To Make A Movie About Her Failed Marriage [READ]


Call her whatever you like but this booty-full Ghanaian actress is not gonna let anything stop her. Not even a failed marriage. Juliet Ibrahim has revealed plans to make a movie based on her failed marriage to ex-husband Kwadwo Safo.
She said this during an interview with Uduak Oduok of Ladybrille Africa. Juliet says her reasons for documenting her personal life in a book or movie, is to enable her tell her story properly without being misunderstood. In her own words:

“I went through a whole lot in my marriage. I intend to do a movie or a novel about my life story because If I speak to the media, they might twist my words”.
Why she calls her marriage a failure
“I call it a failure because I’m someone who likes to go into things and tell myself I have to make it work. I got married at age 24, he was 24 too then we were happy in love but we really didn’t get a chance to really know ourselves. He was a sweet person and all, I got pregnant along the line and we continued Not long after family members kept coming in saying “oh no, she’s an actress. He’s a very soft person so he usually tells me what he hears about me. Along the line, we just grew apart”.

On reports that the marriage crashed because of her busy schedule
“He travels and works more than I do. He’s a professional pilot although he has stopped now to handle his father’s business. This is something a lot of people don’t know, they think because Im an actress. I do have time but he was more of the traveller, going out of Accra every weekend. We grew apart and became more like good friends. I never wanted a divorce but then we realised it wouldn’t work out there were so many lies and disappointments. He hurt me in the process because I felt he was going to stand by me all through.”
On whether she tried to make her marriage work
“When it happened initially and I told him about the divorce, he was okay with it and didn’t even fight for it. It was just of no use being in that marriage because we were both not happy. It was more like staying in it pretending to be married when I wasn’t and I was for more than a year.”
Juliet Ibrahim and Kwadwo Safo Jnr got married in a lavish Ghanaian society wedding in 2010. Kwadwo Jnr is the son of popular Ghanaian preacher Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo. The couple got divorced in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment